Wednesday, June 25, 2014

TMI Tuesday: June 24, 2014

For many areas of the world, this time of year is graduation time at formal institutions of learning. Thus, it is a good time for us to think back about our own education.

School Days

study education tmi
Below is a list of academic fields of study. For as many of these disciplines as possible, share a memory. It could be something that happened in class, an Aha! moment, something about the teacher or something that was helpful later in life.
Thanks to virtualsin.wordpress.com for this week’s TMI Tuesday theme.
1. English
I am a complete English freak... I love to read and like for things to be written correctly in any correspondence.  I suppose I have  my English teachers through the years to thank for this.

2. History
I remember that I enjoyed AP History in high school... though I don't remember what I learned.

3. Foreign Language (French, Spanish, Latin…)
I took two years of Spanish in school... we all cheated, so none of us learned any of it.  I learned much more marrying a Latin man.  And let me just say that I adore being talked dirty to in Spanish!

4. Psychology
I have always loved learning about the mind and why people are the way they are.  I use all of this info all the time...

5. Mathematics
I hate math... and I am sad to report that I don't do most math in my head anymore thanks to my dependency on calculators.

6. Physics
Not interested... never have been.

7. Chemistry
The only chemistry I am interested in has to do with the sparks flying between me and a lover!

8. Biology
Who knows... I don't remember much anymore.

9. Gym
I cried every day in elementary school so I didn't have to go to gym class... needless to say, I'm not at all athletic.
Bonus: Did you have sex education class in school? What grade or age did you have this class? Thinking back on the sex education class what was the most surprising thing you learned? Was this class helpful to you in your sex life?
I'm pretty sure we did NOT have sex ed in school.  I think one of our classes briefly mentioned STDs in high school... maybe freshman year.  Growing up in the country, sex was always a taboo subject or at the very least, one that you got minimal information on.  Looking back, I think if our bodies, sex, and sexual health were more openly taught and discussed, we would have been more likely to explore safely and knowingly instead of fumbling our way through it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment